- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, brushed clean and stemmed
Combine the stock, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme and salt in a large lock-top plastic bag. Arrange the mushroom caps in one layer in the marinade, turning once to coat. Seal the bag, pressing out excess air. Marinate the mushrooms at room temperature, turning occasionally, for about 1 hour.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 inches
from the heat source.
Arrange the mushrooms on the rack or broiler pan and grill or broil, turning often, until tender, about 7 minutes.Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board. Slice thinly and serve warm..and the portobello mushrooms is ready to serve...nice taste ! Great for starters meal !