Another nice summer recipe...the tuna pita pockets ! A must try one !
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) low-salt white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 3 whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, broccoli and onions. Toss to mix evenly.In a small bowl, add the tuna and ranch dressing. Stir to mix well. Add the tuna mixture to the lettuce mixture and stir to combine.Scoop 3/4 cup of the tuna salad into each pita pocket half and the summer recipe is ready to serve immediately...hmmm....great taste. Enjoy it with friends !
Try also this great recipe : Russian Potato Salad